How to create artwork?
Some general information about our process:
- Artwork is Digitally printed on Ricoh Industry Leading Digital press technology and finished using professional guillotines.
- On body professional direct to disc printing is at press quality using the latest Digital print process – (Thermal is never used in our process).
- Each CD/DVD is professionally coated with a layer of transparent protective lacquer, after the on body print process, to protect and enhance the direct on body printing.
- Artwork is uploaded to us as part of the checkout process. Your artwork goes into a unique folder for your order on our FTP site. You are guided through this simple process whilst checking out.
- Your artwork must be flattened containing raster or vector(line) data only.
- All artwork needs to be in high resolution rasterized / vector PDF format with no guidelines, template marks, transparencies or font data text.
If provided otherwise some content may be lost.
- If you cannot provide a PDF as specified or are in any doubt, please save as a JPEG image in the highest resolution you can.
- The recommended resolution for images is 300dpi
- Printed artwork usually appears darker than when displayed on screen. This is particularly true on dark prints and it is advisable to lighten your artwork slightly and/or request a hardcopy proof print.
- The Duplication Centre cannot approve your artwork for you on request as this is a very subjective area and we cannot know the effect a client is trying to achieve.
- Only upload FINISHED artwork – not drafts or tests, due to our fast turnaround can be submitted. We often print within MINUTES of the upload. Your artwork cannot be changed once submitted.
- Your artwork is checked as standard practice, if we identify any issues preventing us from printing we will come straight back to you by email.
- CDs and DVDs should have solid artwork in the middle, in other words, please do not have the hole showing on your artwork.
- Artwork must allow a 3mm bleed area and text must be at least 3mm from any cut / fold (see here for more details)
- Avoid the use of small or fine lined fonts as they may become unreadable and blend into surrounding print. This is especially true on colour heavy prints such as white text on black background. Please Inform us of fine type when you order in the notes section of the checkout to ensure they print correctly.
- Please remove guide lines from final artwork otherwise they may be visible in the final prints. Crop marks outside the print area may be used to aid alignment.
- All artwork submitted without an attached colour profile will be treated as unmanaged colour settings (This may effect colour accuracy)
- All artwork dimensions must be to our own specifications and templates. Failure to adhere this may effect print alignment.
- To ensure a quality print it is recommended that no part of the print exceeds a colour value over 300% of CMYK. This is particularly important for black print areas.
Any artwork over the 300% rule risk being a little oversaturate with the loss of detail.
We cannot make any alterations to the colour balance in your artwork, this needs to be accounted for in your artwork design. If you are unsure or your prints are particularly dark please request a hard copy print proof to check your final output.
- 60% Cyan(C), 60% Magenta(M), 60% Yellow(Y) and 100% Black(K) create a black colour with a total value of 280% which is ideal for print
- 100% Cyan(C), 100% Magenta(M), 100% Yellow(Y) and 100% Black(K) create a black colour with a total value of 400% which is NOT ideal for print.
Proofs of your artwork are available on request once you have placed your order online.
- Electronic LAYOUT proofs are free of charge and will cause minimal delay to your order
- Printed HARD COPY colour proofs are available and will delay your order by a number of days. The first print proof is free of charge, additional print proofs are chargeable.
We do not colour match for paper inlays and on body print in house. All jobs can expect a variance in colour between artwork parts. Please request a hard copy print proof to check and adjust colour matching if required